Tuesday 3 January 2017

Who's Who?



Whilst at a New Years Eve party at my fiancé’s mum’s partner's house (already confused), my fiancé’s mum introduced us to her friends.
“This is Jack my son, this is Kate, my son Jack’s fiancé’s sister, this is Finn, Kate’s boyfriend, this is Laura Jack’s fiancé, this is Sue Laura’s mum and the little boy running around, that’s my son Jack’s son. Oh and the black lab running around, that’s their dog Luey.” By the time she’d got to Finn everyone had glazed over and had no idea who Sue was.
It’s important to point out a few things. Jack’s mum introduced us this way because that’s the order we were sitting on the couch and not because she likes to be deliberately confusing. Jack’s son will be referred to as the little one as he is currently the littlest, although he is catching up on his Aunty Sue. And finally this is how we travel, the six of us plus the dog.

Me – Laura, writer of the blog.
Jack – My Fiancé, fitness nut and artist.
Sue – My Mum, yoga master and mindfulness guru.
Kate – My sister, my mum’s daughter and photographer.
Finn – My sister’s boyfriend, tree dweller and outdoor expert.
Little one – Jack’s son, my stepson and a Lego fanatic.  
Luey – Our dog and best friend.


This is a blog about lots of things, but at its heart it's about family. There's the six of us, plus the dog. It’s a bit of squeeze but we're a team, an abnormal team, but still a team. My mum is a teacher, enjoying her job but looking forward to retirement. Jack and me both graduated a couple of years ago and are still trying to find our way. Kate and Finn are teenagers figuring out what to study next. The little one is little and is mostly concerned with what to eat and when bedtime is. And the dog mostly lies there looking at us with his big eyes wondering what on earth we’re doing and can he have a treat?
With all of this in one house it can be a lot, we’re all struggling in our own way, we all thought things would be easier, but we’re in it together. Downsides to living like this? Not enough space! The upsides? There’s always somebody to bring you up when you’re down, lots of laughter, always like Gogglebox when you watch TV and cuddle whenever you need one.

If you want one of us by default you get the lot, including the dog. We do things together, as a team. Including this blog. So if you like cooking, DIY, workout routines, photographs, books, the outdoors, art, photography, TV, yoga, nerding out about stuff, Lego….This family has basically got you covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment